Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pre-departure

Just a few short days until I depart from the U.S. and arrive in Cape Town, South Africa! I am overflowing with excitement as this new adventure is about to begin! Well actually, hold on. It already has begun. The multi-faceted preparation has been such that I would never have been able to prepare for. I just needed to experience it. The preparation of immunizations has been a small test in itself. As many know, I am NOT a needle person; nope, no way would I volunteer to have a shot injected into my body. No. But- I have recieved vaccinations with the understanding that they are necessary to remain healthy to be able to serve at all during my trip. Part of God's prepping for me, has been to learn to trust Him.....To trust Him in what I could, and could not control. These matters range from small, to large. Whether the obstacle is financial support, or housing, I am in a place where my faith is being tested of its endurance.
Regardless of my sleep depravity from this past semester, I have been trying to catch up where I can. I am so thankful I had a week in between finals and leaving for my trip with Waynesburg to spend time with my Family, Friends and Wally. Each moment I have cherished, for I am striving to be present everywhere I am each day. I am learning a little more daily of the importance of being confident in the task God has placed directly in front of me.
It is my continuous desire and prayer, that God would continue to break me, reveal in me any crooked and non surrendered part--to prepare my heart to be used in whatever way He has in store to further His Kingdom.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I am trying this again so if you get my message 50 times I am sorry, lol.

    Pamela,
    What an adventure I can't wait to follow where your travels lead you. I am an old friend of your Mom and I see she has raised a beautiful young woman as she herself is. I know God will bless you through all of this and I will pray for you with safe travels and also that your presence touch everyone you meet and allow you to share the message you bring

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey pumpkee poos,
    Hope your first day has been great. Looking forward to your adventures. And if I don't see them soon, I'll have to use that pass word :)
    We love you soooooooooooo much!! So excited for you! So you had to make use of your friends luggage on the way over? I was just wondering how you plan to bring it back....since they won't be with you. Maybe someone in the Cape Town airport will headed to BWI on Aug 7th too and they won't mind you putting your stuff in their bag :) Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We talked to Pamela and she is having a wonderful experience but does not have internet access right now. As soon as she does, she will be updating her blog. Thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete